Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hollywierdos

I am disgusted with all the attention given to these Hollywierdos. Here we go again, another celebrity is in the news and it occupies every waking moment of broadcast news. It shows how disgusting and lazy broadcast media has become. A Hollywood script plays out and they don't have to work for a real story. Now, I don't like or dislike O.J. Simpson. I feel for the Goldman family and hope and pray that I never know what they are going through. To bury your child must be the most horrible ordeal a person could be put through. But, only GOD and the murderer know who killed their son. According to the jury, O.J. was acquitted of murder. That is our system and it is the best in the world. Is it flawed? Yes. Everything involving people is flawed, and when you add government it is sure to be at best a disaster. An example is that an ambulance chasing lawyer succeeded in getting a financial settlement in a civil 'wrongful death' lawsuit. This is absurd. If acquitted in a criminal trial you should not be held liable in a civil trial regarding the same offence. For that matter the lawyers in congress (count them, it will sicken you) have passed laws enabling lawyers to be legalized thieves and vultures. To be tried in civil court in a matter relating to an acquittal in criminal court violates the spirit, if not the letter of the Fifth Amendment, of not being tried for the same crime twice. This is precisely one of the atrocious conditions prevailing under British rule which helped to incite the American Revolution. And one of the issues our founding fathers addressed specifically. "But we are wiser now than those great men of the past." B.S. Our technology has advanced while our brains and our sense of right and wrong have atrophied. Now O.J. is in the news again. If found guilty of the charges against him, so be it. I don't care. He was acquitted of murder, right or wrong. Think about this if you are ever unjustly placed on the wrong side of the law. And the way our government is going, that could include a lot of us.

1 comment:

xDaveManx said...

This acquitted murderer is now on trial for a violent gunpoint robbery. Over sports memorabilia. Very few things are worth involving a gun unless it endangers life or limb. Would I shoot someone if they burst into my home through a broken window into my bedroom intent on stealing my baseball card collection? Sure. I would have no idea what there intentions were at 3AM, so I could only assume they meant to harm me and my family. Would I go crashing in on somebody else waving a gun to get those cards back? Hell no. Seems like this acquitted murderer is acting an awful lot like a murderer to me. If it quacks like a duck...